Baked French Fries

I used Picnik to make this picture. It helped me arrange it, and also destroyed my will to live. The good news is that I can now tell the world how to make Western French Fries. They are so called because I made them. This recipe came to my mind as I was trying to think of an easier alternative to deep frying. I figured that if I coat them with some oil and bake them, the results should be about the same.

Chop up some potatoes into slices. I did wedges, but I think smaller would be better. Now put all the potatoes in a gallon Ziploc(tm) bag. For every potato, add a tablespoon of oil (vegetable, canola, or motor--it doesn't matter).

Now add some seasonings. Mix and match; listen carefully to your stomach. Salt is a good idea. Chili powder seems appetizing. Taco seasoning might be interesting. You'll have to figure it out on your own.

Now seal the bag and mix everything. In this case, an equal distribution of the wealth of oil will always work out in your favor.

Now put everything on a foil covered cookie sheet. The oven should already be preheated to to 450 degrees because you were smart and read these instructions before you started. Bake them for about 40 minutes. You can turn them if you're afraid that not turning them will be bad. Take one out with a fork to see if it's cooked all the way through. When they're done, they will be extremely hot, so be sure to eat them immediately if you're my aunt Keira.

No comments:

 

Powered By Blogger

Copyright © 2013 Nathan West